Your burning desire to succeed
The goal of any business is to make money. Earning a boat load of money is not why most entrepreneurs start their business. Money, as your sole purpose, isn’t sustainable. Those talented entrepreneurs who were only in it for the money end up closing their doors when things don’t scale as quickly as they had hoped. What is your burning desire to succeed? Discovering your true purpose protects you from quitting too soon.
People around you will question what you’re doing. As a result, it’s super important you are aware of your purpose for building your business. Otherwise, the criticism, like a cancer, will eventually wear you down.
You’ve seen it before. Burn out or buying into the belief that your dream business was not “meant to be” are offered as reasons to quit.
Don’t buy into other people’s negativity. Your mission to make a difference will protect you against the voices of doubt.Your mission to make a difference will protect you against the voices of doubt. Click To Tweet
Obstacles fail to stop you
Every growing business experiences ups and downs. Obstacles are part of the growth process. Your reason for being in business serves an important purpose. Therefore, your purpose keeps you going instead of stopping you. Imagine how things would be if you accessed your full potential.
Are you ready to unleash your burning desire to succeed? Then answer these questions.
- Ever-Present. Your purpose is something you’ve been doing all along. How do you naturally help people?
- Inspiration. What inspires you to keep going no matter what?
- Joy. What do you do that brings you joy? Identify the things you readily do even if you never earn a penny from those activities.
- Busy. Busyness and business are different. Staying busy can cover up your lack of clarity or purpose. How does being as busy as possible protect you?
- Grow. List 3 to 5 reasons you’re now ready to grow your business. Are those reasons positive or negative?
Avoiding something unpleasant is just as strong, if not stronger, than approaching something positive. Does your reason to succeed stem from something you’d rather avoid? Hint: negative motivators include the words don’t, avoid, or won’t.
Restate any negative reasons so they’re positive. Tuning into what you don’t want keeps you focused on the problem. Simply shift your reason so you connect with what you do want. This reframe, turning a negative into a positive, supports what’s possible.
This mindset strategy informs your brain to look for opportunities. If avoiding something negative is a habit, positive motivators will be uncomfortable at first. Stick with this. Positive statements reinforce your desire to succeed.
Byron Katie has created The Work. It’s an exercise that helps you turn a negative thought into a positive one.
- Pick one negative statement that has been affecting your business growth. Now ask yourself if that statement is absolutely true. If your growth strategy is motivated because you “don’t want to fail,” an example of that negative statement might be, “Everything has to be perfect. I can’t make any mistakes.”
- Is this the only way to grow your business? Are you absolutely certain no other option exists?
- What do you notice when you think about that negative statement? Maybe you notice a specific sensation in your body. Or maybe it affects your energy level.
- What would be different if you didn’t have that negative thought any longer? Spend time exploring this question. Let yourself imagine all the possibilities.
Now, rephrase your statement to one that’s positive. For example instead of your focus being something you want to avoid, i.e., “I can’t make any mistakes” you would say something positive, i.e., “I will make any necessary changes as I become aware of them.”
- Then make your positive statement as specific as possible. Modify “To make changes as needed” to “I’m ready to get started now, I’m prepared to make necessary adjustments that will improve what we do because it’s important that we serve clients while growing a profitable business that supports my lifestyle.”
Your powerful decision
Your burning desire to succeed raises your level of commitment. No one can rob you of your decision to succeed. Your purpose provides meaning, strength and motivation. Doing something you love that’s profitable and also helps people makes you one of the fortunate few.
Your deep inner drive to succeed propels you forward even when others had long ago given up and called it quits.Your deep inner drive to succeed propels you forward even when others had long ago given up and called it quits. Click To Tweet
Strong dedication is next
Your burning desire to succeed removes obstacles. Most of all, excuses suddenly disappear. Instead of avoiding something because it’s uncomfortable, you’re now stepping up to the challenge.
Part of what kept me from attending networking events was that I didn’t enjoy small talk. My desire to grow my business; however, was stronger than my disregard for shallow conversations. Because I was committed to successfully growing Business Success Solution, I shifted my perspective about networking. Meeting everyone in the room isn’t necessary. Setting the intention to meet the exact right people is all I need to do.
Did you immediately connect to your burning desire to succeed? Or did you discover your purpose over time? A deeply personal burning desire is preferable to a general reason for growing your business.
Follow these recommendations for a business to be successful, and grow while keeping your passion alive. Are you tired of doing work for free because you don’t know how to charge for it? Discover how to get paid what you are worth and attract clients who understand your value. Right NOW claim your FREE RESOURCES and discover how to create value based pricing.