Mastermind Group Success
Ever have progress stop because you had a question, but no answer? Figuring things out on my own isn’t ideal. Sometimes this is like going down a rabbit hole. And I don’t want to struggle with my questions any longer than necessary. Mastermind groups are my solution. They’re a wealth of information. If the people in my mastermind group don’t have the answer, then they can connect me to someone who does.
Mastermind groups are powerful. You’ll achieve more, and at a faster pace, when you align with other go-getters. We’re designed as social creatures. Think about all the things you do because others are counting on you. Some entrepreneurs find it easier to follow through simply because they don’t want to disappoint someone else. Personally, I like the challenge of setting expectations and then exceeding them.
Your inner circle
Mastermind groups, however, were not on the radar until I read Napoleon Hill’s book “Think and Grow Rich”. The concept of a mastermind group changed my world. It literally inspired my transition from therapy to business coaching.
Who do you turn to with your questions? Maybe you already have an inner circle of associates, mentors or partners. These are the people you trust and who support you. If so, consider yourself fortunate. Mastermind groups are an ideal place to meet joint venture partners and affiliates.
I’ve lead groups my entire career. My current coaching clients invest in a yearlong program that combines private coaching with group mastermind meetings. Like my clients, I continue to invest in a business coach.
The “Master Mind” according to Napoleon Hill
The popular Napoleon Hill mastermind group definition discusses a “coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.” Imagine someone else offering their insights to help you out.
Success rarely happens in isolation. Creating a reliable network with associates you trust is an advanced move. Strategically seek out people who are serious about growing their business. Yes, your best friend may not be the ideal person for your mastermind group. People who are too agreeable help you avoid risk by buying into your excuses.
Who to choose for a mastermind group:
- Determine. Identify the group’s purpose. Consider what you intend to achieve.
- Dedicated. Surround yourself with entrepreneurs who are serious about their success.
- Dependable. You’ve got to trust and respect them.
- Desire. Guidance and insight are shared in the spirit of supporting one another.
- Differs. A mastermind group differs from a social group.
Napoleon Hill states “No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind [the master mind].” A definitive purpose is the common link. A high functioning mastermind group offers insight and accountability.
These four advanced moves will optimize your mastermind group’s success.
- Common purpose. Success is the aim. You want to have everyone on the same page about the mastermind group agenda. Receiving different perspectives is the beauty of a functioning group. This will help each member to achieve more in less time.
- Trust and respect. Trust builds with time as the group moves from the forming to the performing stage. The common thread of commitment and mutual support bonds the mastermind group. Yes, each entrepreneur is working on their own business and they’re fully vested in the group. Don’t compromise healthy group dynamics.
- Ground rules. Clarify expectations with a couple group rules. Open communication helps to avoid confusion and misunderstandings.
- Fee or free. The mastermind group cost does matter. You get what you pay for. People are more committed to achieving results when there’s skin in the game.
Imagine achieving more and at a faster pace. Mastermind groups offer you that result.
Ready to find a mastermind group?
- Determine whether a peer led group or one that’s facilitated by a coach is in your best interest.
- Decide on your purpose.
- Seek likeminded people you trust and whom are willing to participate.
The benefits of a mastermind are well worth the time and energy you commit. Take advantage of this unique resource to help grow your business.
Loren Fogelman, the success expert, shows you how to grow your ideal business. Discover your value and attract your ideal clients. If you’re SERIOUS about growing your business and ready to get RESULTS that stick, then let’s talk. Apply for this special, very limited, and totally FREE “Grow Your Ideal Business” Strategy session ($500 Value).