Package Your Services: Benefits for Your Business and Your Clients
When you shift your focus from selling a single session, and then another, and then another to packages, then you and your business enjoy the benefits. You can package your services in a variety of ways. Some entrepreneurs bundle sessions together, offering 6 session packages. Others combine private sessions, group sessions, email support and handouts into a bundle.
This business model requires a mindset shift. Instead of scrambling to sell single sessions, you offer long-term relationships. You, and your clients, benefit from this approach. Time frees up, your business grows and ultimately you gain loyal clients.
Fuel Your Business Success
Experience these four specific benefits that occur when you package your services.
1. Improved Cash Flow
Your time is valuable. And enrolling new clients takes effort. So whether you enroll them into a single session or a package, you’re exerting energy. However, your profit increases when a client signs up for a package instead of a single session. Plus, clients who invest in a package are more committed than clients who sign up for single sessions.
With this model you’re not getting paid for a single session at a time. Instead you receive payment for the entire package.
My clients who switch from single sessions to packages quickly notice a direct boost to their income. Selling several packages per month significantly improves their cash flow. The same time it takes to enroll clients into a series of single sessions is now optimized. Their business grows as a result of this simple, yet strategic, shift.
2. Better Results for Your Client
Your clients don’t really want to buy your time. The true value lies in your ability to help them achieve a specific result. That’s the real reason why your clients invest in you. Of course your package will probably include a specific number of sessions. The focus, however, emphasizes your expertise instead of your time.Your clients don’t really want to buy your time. They're interested in getting results. #smallbusinesssuccess Click To Tweet
Clients rarely experience long term benefits from a single session. Since your packages engage them for a longer period of time, they’re more likely to get results that stick. Defining your step by step system begins to separate you from other professionals who offer a similar service.
Turn your clients into raving fans. How can you uplevel their experience of your work together? Aim for a high end experience instead of an economy experience. Their satisfaction leads to repeated business and referrals.
3. Invested Clients Follow Through
A client who works with you through your service package is more likely to follow through on your recommendations. One time, by-the-hour clients are likely to listen and then postpone action for another time… or never get around to following through. Even after they spend an hour or two with you, they’ll still be stumbling along because they avoid taking the first action step.
Clients who sign up for a package invest money and time to work toward a specific solution. They get better results due to ongoing support from your service. The high level of accountability, along with your guidance, improves their follow through. As a result, they experience greater success.
Each time you work in an hourly session you have to re-sell your benefits. These clients have to re-justify the cost each time they book the next session. This sets your service up as an expense instead of an investment. Package clients, on the other hand, have invested in their personal success. As a result, they genuinely look to you for guidance and implementation.
4. Package Clients Experience Results
When a client signs up for your business package they create expectations about the results they will receive.Clients who sign up for a package are investing in themselves, not in you. #getpaidwhatyoureworth Click To Tweet
Clients who sign up for a package are investing in themselves, not in you. They believe your service will help them get what they want. Clients with skin in the game are more committed. So they pay attention, follow the outlined steps, and get results.
Clarify Your Package
Then potential clients will understand what it takes to achieve their desired result. They partner with you right from the start. A service package that’s based upon a proven system offers clients a clear idea of their commitment and yours.
- Teach them to be a great client. Once they’ve invested in your package, teach them how to be a great client. Define the level of commitment you expect from them. Share your expectations regarding assignments, tutorials, or feedback involved in the program when they are not working directly with you.
- Time commitment. We live in a world of immediacy. Package your services to optimize your time and offer exceptional value. Getting a result faster actually has greater value for your client than a long drawn out process.
- Tell them how it works. Define the scope of your package and how each step will brings them closer to their desired results. Then you’ll have an easier time converting them from interested prospects to active clients.
- Terms of engagement. Your time is precious. Set boundaries at the start of your relationship. Inform them of your policies regarding availability, cancellations or response time. You have a life that extends beyond your business. You’re not going to be available 24/7. If they expect otherwise, they may not be a good fit for your services.
- Tame scope creep. Package your services so they’re specific about what’s included and what’s not included. This reduces scope creep. Unexpected things arise all the time. Don’t give away too much. If something isn’t part of your package, then set time aside to discuss the details.
Bonuses and Additional Add-Ons
First package your services. Then consider what bonuses would increase the value of their investment. The best bonuses compliment the package.
- Short ebooks that instruct them on how to get even better results.
- Check lists that outline a step by step process which supports their work with you.
- How to videos they can follow on their own.
- Infographics that distill the basics of the service program.
- Self study course that teaches a complementary skill.
Your most popular package solves the main problem that your clients experience, but don’t stop there. Create additional packages which will further their work with you and your business.
Stand Out From Your Competitors
Why compete when you can stand apart? Package your services to separate yourself from other professionals in your industry. No more hourly rates.
Your package not only lets prospective clients know the results they will get from working with you, but delineates the path. It’s a game changer. Position yourself as the go-to expert. It’s an advanced move that helps you to rise above the competition.
How Success Coaching Can Help
You may feel overwhelmed about what to include in your package. You may even find yourself unsure about how you’ll lead clients through the service. Don’t over-think this.
As a therapist turned business coach, we sort through the overwhelm and then focus on the positive steps together. Your business will uplevel once you package your services. If you are feeling at loose ends or blocked, then let’s talk about how to re-energize you. Schedule a complimentary Grow Your Ideal Business Strategy Session to discover the courage to go after your dreams.